A Court of Wings and Ruin - Sarah J. Maas

It nearly took me two weeks to finish this, but I'm finally done. After waiting a year for this series to be continued, I have to say that it was not worth the wait and all the hype. Giving this 5 stars was totally out of the question as soon as I reached Part Two of the book. There was so many things wrong with the book.

The fact that she escaped the Spring Court within 96 pages was utterly disappointing.

(show spoiler)

That was part of the reason why I was so excited about reading it. But little did I know, it only lasted for a moment. I expected it to be more thrilling and filled with revenge. I thought that Tamlin would try and have sex with her and she would be inclined to fake it or something of that nature.

ACOWAR could have been cut by 200 or 300 pages because things were not progressing for more than half of the book! I was tired of reading conversations going on for about 50 pages or more. I was struggling to maintain interest that I took a break for a few days because I thought maybe it was just me. Part Two was just disrespectful in regards to the amount of pages that demonstrated nothing of interest. There was little sentences that peaked my interest, but other than that? It felt like eternity to get through, which is why I can't rate this higher than 2 stars.

I want to mention that the sex scenes were appearing too frequently. I felt like in Part Two, there were sex scenes in ever chapter. It was confusing, unnecessary and quite annoying after the first two times it happened. We understand that Feyre and Rhysand are mates, yes. But the fact that they decided to have sex in a tent in the middle of a war...Ridiculous, absurd and very, very annoying. It was cringe worthy. Every time. I couldn't stand it. Now in Part Three is what ultimately saved this book a little. That was the action and content that I was expecting throughout the entire book! Sadly, it only lasted for about 100 pages or so. Disappointing once again. I felt as if majority of the book was just to live up to the standard of having more than 400 pages in the first and second book.

After reading ACOMAF, I thought that the third book would be even better, but like I say, expectations leads to disappointment. I don't know what the fourth book is going to be about, but I see nothing to be excited about so far.